Our Religious School is strongly committed to preserving and promoting Judaism as an active force in the hearts and minds of our children. Our congregation proudly considers our Religious School to be a top priority, and we reflect that concern in an ongoing program of innovation and growth for our school. We strive to create an atmosphere, which expresses the joy of discovering our rich Jewish Heritage. In October of 2001, our Religious School received national accreditation by the National Association of Temple Educators . In April of 2008, the Relgious School received reaccredidation for another seven years - an honor once again. We are proud to have received this coveted title, as one of 30 out of 980 schools with such a distinction and the ONLY school in New Jersey.
Structured religious training is offered at Kindergarten and extends through 12th grade. We wholeheartedly encourage parents to take an active role in their child's Jewish Education. Hand-in-hand, parents and school must work together in order to obtain our education objectives. Through our joint efforts, we will see our children become informed and self-respecting Jewish adults.
For more information on our Religious School read below or feel free to contact us HERE .
More Religious School Information
We are thrilled to partner with you and your children in making positive Jewish memories while learning and teaching about our history, heritage, and traditions. We know that our children today are busier than ever with school work and extracurricular activities. That is why we came up with a flexible schedule for our Hebrew students this past year and are happy to continue to do so.
9:00am - 11:00am
Kindergarten-6th Grade Judaic |
11:15am - 12:45pm
|| 4th-6th Grade optional Hebrew add-on; snack included |
3rd Grade Hebrew Enrichment (optional)
Hebrew Through Movement focusing on conversational Hebrew
4:15pm - 6:00pm
4th-6th Grade Hebrew |
4:15pm - 6:00pm
4th-6th Grade Hebrew |
6:15pm - 8:15pm
7th-12th Grade |
Sunday Optional Hebrew Add-On
We are proud to offer an optional Hebrew add-on for Sundays! Does your child play sports that always meet midweek? Want to free up some time on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for other activities? We offer Hebrew classes on Sundays immediately following Religious School from 11:15am-12:45pm. While the day may be long for some, others may find relief in being able to centralize their schedules to one day. Classes will mirror their midweek counterparts with no difference in the quality of instruction. *Please note that for ALL Hebrew classes, a minimum enrollment of students is necessary to run classes on any given day.
New this year for 8th-12th graders! Can't join us on Wednesday evenings? No problem. We have a truly meaningful program for our high school students on Sundays from 11:30-1:00. This is a Service learning-based program based on hands-on Jewish values learning.
A few more general notes about Religious School Registration:
Notes for Everyone:
- Registration in our Religious school is open to all Temple Har Shalom members in good standing.
- Classroom/teacher assignments will be sent home in mid to late August.
- Hebrew instruction must be started in 4th Grade.
Notes about Hebrew classes:
- Please note that for all Hebrew classes, a minimum enrollment of students is necessary to run classes. In cases where classes are filled to capacity, priority will be given to those families with multiple siblings attending on the same day of school, and then on a first come, first served basis.
- 3rd Grade: Next year's third graders have the option of enrolling in a Hebrew enrichment program.
- The Sixth Grade Dalet level class will meet on Sundays.
- If, due to enrollment numbers, a class is not viable or if we cannot honor your first choice, we will notify you and work together to find the best solution.